Promotional videos can help to bring your message, your product and your company to life. We’ve compiled six tips to help you create a professional and engaging promotional video for your company.
- Multi-purpose your video. Shoot videos in such a way that you can leverage clips and elements in other pieces. This will help you to develop a library of video clips for future projects.
- Choose a strong concept. The concept is the core of a good video. A video without a concept is empty space. Make sure to discuss and refine your concept before you begin shooting.
- Know your audience. Make sure that you have your target audience in mind when you start shooting. This will inform everything from length, to style to content.
- Don’t ignore your script. A strong script is vital to the success of your video. Write and refine before you begin shooting to have a smooth and painless filming and editing process.
- Be realistic. As much as everyone wants to make a Hollywood-level video every time, make sure your ideas and your resources are within the same scope. This will save you and your crew time and effort.
- Keep your videos short and simple. Generally, ideal lengths range from 2 – 5 minutes. If you can’t fit everything in to this time frame, consider making a series of videos that are more easily digestible.
Producing a promotional video is challenging, fun and highly rewarding. Hopefully, with these few tips, you are able to produce promotional videos that stand apart.